When a company launches a product on the market, it wants to make it more successful compared to its competitors. Additionally, they need an idea of what users think about their product to avoid the disappointment of customers. For this, product feedback from the users can help the companies know whether the product is relevant and competitive in the market. This article is a guide regarding product feedback tools and methods to collect feedback from customers.
What is Product Feedback?
Product feedback helps businesses to know the level of satisfaction of their users with a product. It is important to ensure that the product meets the business, strategic, and customer goals from the initial to the final stage. Moreover, the feedback for products comes in various forms, such as suggestions, reviews, complaints, and surveys. Also, it covers a wide range of aspects, including usability, design, features, and product performance.
Collecting and analyzing product feedback can be done through various channels such as social media, surveys, and online forums. The customer’s insight about the product influences its strategy and roadmap. Furthermore, feedback on products helps companies know which features work, which don’t, and what needs to be improved. Plus, reviews of products are a communication source between users and the businesses that create products.
Why is Product Feedback Important?
Feedback for products can be positive or negative depending on user experience and can help the organization make informed decisions. Companies become top-performing because they use user experience to improve their final product. In addition, feedback helps businesses learn continuously and satisfy their customers. The reasons that make the product feedback process important are explained below:
- User-Centric Improvement: With product feedback, businesses understand the experience and needs of customers. Other than that, product feedback helps to identify the issues in the product and address them for product improvement. Also, such improvement ensures the smooth and reliable experience of the customers with the product.
- Enhance Features and Functionality: Positive product feedback highlights what the user appreciates about the product feature or design. Plus, this information tells the companies about features and functionalities that work better for the users. Additionally, businesses can focus and prioritize the development of that feature in the product.
- Users Feel Valued: Customers of the product feel valued when businesses regularly gather customer feedback. Furthermore, users are more likely to purchase the product as they know that companies consider their views on product experience. They share their experience on product feedback forms and with their family and friends to buy it.
- Competitive Advantage: Companies actively seeking and incorporating customer feedback on products can be a competitive advantage. Moreover, the product remains relevant and competitive and adapts and improves based on customer feedback. It becomes a strategic asset for the organizations to outperform the rivals in the market.
Top Methods to Collect Product Feedback Effectively
Feedback-taking from the customers can help the organization to make data-driven decisions. Besides that, this enables companies to stay ahead of the trends in an evolving market. Consequently, there is a need to consider the method of collecting feedback for products so businesses can incorporate it into their product. The effective methods of collecting product feedback are discussed below:
1. Product Feedback Through Surveys
Product feedback through surveys is a quick and systematic approach to gathering insight from product users. Organizations can formulate product feedback survey questions to know the user feature preferences and potential areas of improvement. In addition, tools like Feedeo provide templates for creating videos that encourage the users to give feedback. The video feedback tool offers the NPS survey, feedback survey, and satisfaction survey templates to collect customer feedback through videos.
2. User Testing
Customer feedback can be collected through the user testing method to know their experience with the product. This method allows businesses to understand how individuals navigate products and identify usability issues. Also, the user testing session gives unanticipated and valuable information about the product that guides iterative improvements. Ultimately, this method becomes the refining and optimizing source for the overall improvement of product functionality.
3. Online Reviews
You can get an idea of user sentiments with the online reviews of customers on e-commerce sites and application store platforms. The online reviews on the website give you a level of detail about customer opinion that is usually not obtained through surveys. Additionally, these reviews include information for improving price, potential features, and the design flaws of the product. Plus, there are many product feedback software to capture and analyze customer feedback on the products.
4. Suggestion Boards
Users can create feedback posts and upvote the ideas of others on dedicated space on the company website. Suggestion boards are an outsourced approach that allows organizations to gauge the popularity of specific suggestions regarding products. Furthermore, the development team of the company aligns the development efforts with higher votes or engagement posts. In addition, the suggestion boards promote inclusivity in the product development process that fosters collaboration of users and businesses.
5. Community Forums and User Groups
Community forums and user groups can enable businesses to have a product feedback loop for product functionality improvement. This method allows the user and company to have a discussion on their experience with the product and learn from each other. Moreover, the active participation of the business representatives in groups and forums can facilitate direct communication with the users. Also, it covers the details that are difficult to achieve through online reviews and survey methods.
3 Best Product Feedback Tools to Collect Product Feedback
Product feedback ensures that the product evolves in a direction that resonates with the preferences of all product users. Now, some product feedback tools can help businesses collect opinions and reviews about products. Here are the 3 best tools that can be used to collect product feedback from your potential customers:
Organizations can use Feedeo to collect feedback on products based on the user’s experience. Videos are a better way to grab people’s attention and encourage them to give feedback. This AI-based tool offers the feature to effectively engage users with interactive AI-avatar-powered videos. In addition to that, you can add an interactive component to the video to captivate the viewers.
Feedeo provides the NPS survey, feedback survey, and satisfaction survey video templates to create the required video. The templates make the video-making process easy rather than creating it from scratch. Other than that, companies can formulate product feedback questions in the video script through this customer feedback tool.
- This tool provides immersive components to take opinions and suggestions of customers, such as different reaction emojis and rating stars.
- You can also share the video link with your product users so they can interact with the video by browsing it on any device.
- Feedeo allows you to upload a customized avatar directly from your image or video.
- In addition, you can even use the redirect feature to let reviewers enjoy a personalized environment.
Usersnap is a tool that helps businesses easily collect and streamline feedback for products. Plus, it is the all-in-one platform to capture, organize, respond, and scale the feedback of the product users more effectively. With the help of this tool, you can track the feedback activities and segments and target the micro surveys. Additionally, Usersnap provides a user-friendly and powerful widget for collecting the feedback of product users.
- It offers annotation and screen-capturing features, allowing the product users to share feedback.
- Plus, you can categorize the feedback with labels with the Usersnap AI-assisted and categorize features to have a strategic view of the user’s opinion.
- Usersnap provides the product feedback loop feature to involve customers in product development.
You can understand what matters for customers and businesses with the help of Rapidr for taking feedback from customers. This tool has an integration option to take feedback from spreadsheets, intercom boxes, emails, and Slack channels. Moreover, this tool groups similar feedback into one and avoids duplicate feedback requests. There is no need for a single code as the tool can be installed in a few minutes and with easy steps.
- Rapidr has a feature to track what users actually want and analyze the top ideas with maximum impact.
- Furthermore, the tool has a roadmap feature to take the product feedback and create a roadmap to determine what to build next.
- With the release notes feature, you can inform the stakeholders about recent updates to the product.
In conclusion, product feedback is an effective way to know the users’ reviews of your product’s functionality and usability. This approach helps the company improve its products and enables it to launch competitive products. In addition, the methods to collect product feedback vary depending on whether you want a concise or detailed review. The best 3 product feedback tools have been discussed, out of which Feedeo provides an engaging way to take customer feedback.